Values and Culture
We strive to practice the following values within Rupantar and to promote them outside of Rupantar:
- Recognition and respect for basic human rights
- Equal respect and value for all persons, irrespective of ethnicity, religion, color, caste and class
- Promoting and practicing the values of democratic participation at all levels
- Respect for culture and tradition
- Promotion of equal, respectful and sensitive relationships between men and women
- Special care for children, old age and physically challenged persons
- Respect for nature and bio-diversity
- Practicing the values and not just the methodology, of “Participation”
- Downwards accountability and openness.
Rupantar Gender Forum
Rupantar’s Gender Forum has been functioning independently for promotion of women rights within the organization with a separate Gender Plan and Budget to mainstreaming gender in organization as well as social spheres. Beyond of it an independent ‘Nari Sangsad’, Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell are very much towards an equitable co-relation among men and women within organization and society.