Rupantar, meaning social transformation, is a non-government organization (NGO) that has been working in the field of development in Bangladesh since 1995. It is registered with the Social Welfare Department of the Government of Bangladesh and with the NGO Affairs Bureau.Over the last 20 years, it proved to be outstanding with strong footing in various developmental programs like democracy and governance, climate change adaptation, human rights, water, sanitation and hygiene (WaSH), environment and disaster management, child protection and women’s empowerment in all over the country and also in abroad like, China, India, Sweden, Thailand and Lao PDR with development communication (cultural activities and theatre). Rupantar focuses all its initiatives under five programmatic areas as follows:
- Democracy & Political Empowerment
- Peace & Tolerance
- Disaster Management & Cca
- Children And Youth Rights
- Popular Media & Folk Theatre
With above mentioned programs Rupantar covers the whole of Bangladesh with greater emphasis to the districts of Khulna, Bagerhat, Satkhira, Lalmonirhat, Nilphamari, Jessore, Rangpur, Barisal, Pirojpur, Barguna, Patuakhali, Noakhali, Chittagong, Chapai-Nawabganj, Cox’s Bazar and Pabna. Through development communication, the organization has the experience of covering whole of Bangladesh.
Vision of Rupantar:
Rupantar envisions for a just-society, which fosters harmony with the larger community, culture and Nature.
Missions/Objectives of Rupantar:
- Establishing democracy and governance through people participation
- Promote the rights of children, youth, women, differently able and marginalized people.
- Resuscitate, develop and foster folk cultural forms and methods to sensitize the grassroots people.
- Accelerate of social changes through developing coordination with others actors engaged in development fields
- Build peoples’ capacity to cope with climate change and natural disaster impacts and conserve natural bio-diversity
Working Area of Rupantar:
Covid 19 Reponse
Cyclone Amphan Live.....
- A good number of RMG workers may be terminated from jobs: Rubana Huq
- Rana Plaza owner Khaleq dies of Covid-19
- Ensure treatment of Covid-19 patients at all hospitals, Blast tells govt
- Free Zoom calls won’t have end-to-end encryption
- Lawmaker among 51 Covid-19 positive in Jamalpur
- Premier League agrees five substitutes for season restart
- Bangladesh will survive if Sundarbans survives, says TIB
- Australia players union rejects CA revenue forecasts
- ‘An honourable man’: Locals unaware of Haji Kamal’s ‘human trafficker’ identity
- 17 physicians die, 1,016 infected with Covid-19: FDSR